Valley Montessori School is committed to ensuring student and staff safety as we navigate this uncharted territory. We are continuously monitoring the guidance offered by the CDC, WHO, the Alameda County Public Health Department, the California Department of Public Health, the Livermore School District, AMS, CAIS and many other reliable resources regarding the Coronavirus. VMS is closed from 3/16 – 5/1. Our dedicated teachers and staff are implementing distance learning during this time. The planned Spring Break will take place 4/6 – 4/10.
Following is a communication archive with links to emails sent regarding COVID-19:
March 27, 2020: Elementary and MS Update: Website Pages
March 27, 2020: Early Childhood Update: Website Pages
March 25, Update: Remote Learning extended through May 1, 2020
March 18, 2020: At Home Learning Update
March 16, 2020: Shelter in Place & Distance Learning
March 13, 2020: School Closure
March 12, 2020: Gala Live Event Cancelled
March 10, 2020: Door Notice
Preventive Measures are Key!
- Teach your children to wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Modeling this action as an adult reinforces its importance. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Practice Social Distancing