The Valley Montessori School buildings are closed through 6/9/2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our dedicated teachers and staff are implementing distance learning during this time. VMS is committed to ensuring student and staff safety as we navigate this uncharted territory. We are continuously monitoring the guidance offered by the CDC, WHO, the Alameda County Public Health Department, the California Department of Public Health, the Livermore School District, AMS, CAIS, state licensing, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and many other related resources.
Following is a communication archive with links to emails sent since the onset of COVID-19, information about our summer program and plans for school opening on August 17:
July 8,2020: Wedensday News including classroom video tours
July 1, 2020: Wednesday News
June 24, 2020: Wednesday News
June 17, 2020: Wednesday News: Summer Session Underway
June 10, 2020: Wednesday News: Year End Update and Important Dates
June 3, 2020: Wednesday News: Last week of School
May 27, 2020: Wednesday News: Summer Update & Clarifications
May 20, 2020: Wednesday News: Looking Ahead to Reopening
May 20, 2020: Registration is Open for Essential Worker Program
May 19, 2020: Essential Workers Childcare Program Protocols
May 13, 2020: Wednesday News: Community Impact Fund & Essential Worker Childcare Program
May 8, 2020: Free Online Parenting Workshops
May 6, 2020: Wednesday News Update including Learning Assurances
April 29, 2020: Wednesday News Update including Essential Worker Program
April 22, 2020: Weekly Wednesday News including Summer Update
April 15, 2020: Distance Learning Extended through June
April 3, 2020: Spring Break and Beyond
April 2, 2020: California Department of Education Update
March 27, 2020: Elementary and MS Update: Website Pages
March 27, 2020: Early Childhood Update: Website Pages
March 25, Update: Remote Learning extended through May 1, 2020
March 18, 2020: At Home Learning Update
March 16, 2020: Shelter in Place & Distance Learning
March 13, 2020: School Closure
March 12, 2020: Gala Live Event Cancelled
March 10, 2020: Door Notice
Preventive Measures are Key!
- Teach your children to wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Modeling this action as an adult reinforces its importance. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Practice Social Distancing