Valley Montessori School offers competitive salaries commensurate with education and experience, including medical, dental, vision and a 403B plan. We are the only independent, non-profit, AMS, CAIS, and WASC accredited Montessori School in California. VMS practices Equal Employment Opportunity and Equal Treatment of Clients in accordance with regulations of the Small Business Administration.
Primary Teaching Assistant
This individual will work from 11:00am – 6:00pm in the classroom comprised of students ages 3-6. This person will assist the teacher in providing a safe and nurturing environment in which the children can grow physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually. This position requires love, patience and respect for children. The Primary Assistant will encourage the children to be independent and model for them appropriate manners and behaviors and help facilitate a classroom environment designed to promote social, physical and intellectual growth following the philosophies of Maria Montessori.
– Experience working with young children
– Minimum 12 ECE units required
– Meet all state licensing requirements
Email your resume to email@example.com with “Primary Assistant” in the subject line.
Toddler Teaching Assistant
We have an opening for a full time Toddler Teaching Assistant for children 18 months to 3 years old to join our excellent teaching staff. Applicants should possess at least 12 ECE units, at least one year experience working with toddlers and an understanding of the Montessori approach.
We are looking for a collaborative, positive and nurturing person that is passionate about children and the Montessori approach to education. The position is open immediately.
Lower Elementary Teacher
The Lower Elementary Teacher follows Montessori principles and methodology to guide and support the development of children ages 6-9 years old in an academically rich, engaging and respectful environment. The teacher “follows the child” allowing each student to discover their path of learning, while energizing their inner potential. The qualified candidate will have extensive knowledge of the Montessori philosophy and report to the Director of Elementary and Middle School.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
- Lower Elementary (6-9) Montessori training or Certificate from a MACTE approved program (AMS, AMI, NCME, etc.)
- CPR Certification/Preventative Health
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for Montessori philosophy
- Applicants should be compassionate, patient, adaptable and reliable
- Offer a program that meets the emotional, physical, intellectual and social needs of both the individual student and the group.
- Prepare a classroom environment that is orderly, clean and appealing and permits the student to grow and to explore.
- Collaborate with the co-teacher in planning weekly lesson plans based on a curriculum outline.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with parents through parent conferences, online correspondence, and phone.
- Keep detailed records of observations and progress of each student and prepare progress reports for each child as required.
- Continue professional development and participate in recommended conferences, training programs, courses, and other areas of professional growth.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lower El Teacher” in the subject line.